6 – 12 Years
Children to be encouraged and supported to be involved in decisions making for treatment times and plans, developing some more independent behaviours in setting up equipment.
Involving your child in their care:
- Setting up their airway clearance and inhalation therapy devices with assistance.
- Able to name some of the airway clearance devices and inhaled medications.
- Develop an understanding of their baseline symptoms of sputum, cough and breathlessness, and able to explain when symptoms are changing
- Good hand hygiene, good cough etiquette skills
- Familiar with some of the regular tests they need to have in clinic or with physiotherapy.