Cystic Fibrosis - An Introduction
What parts of my body might be affected
CF affects the body in many different ways.
Parts of the body that may be affected by CF are:
CF can affect each person very differently.
Treatment is aimed at managing symptoms, maintaining lung health, maintaining a healthy weight, and managing other changes either before they occur or as they occur.
People with CF can have a range of signs and symptoms, which might happen at different stages in life. Some of these include:
• Persistent, moist (wet) or productive cough
• Frequent chest infections
• Increased cough
• Increased mucus (sputum) production
• Gastro-oesophageal reflux
• Difficulty to exercise or participate in physical activities
• Changes in bowel actions
• Reduced body weight
• Abnormally salty sweat
• Bone and joint pain
• Abnormal blood sugar levels or diabetes
• Urinary stress incontinence/bladder leakage
• Musculoskeletal pain