Pre-schoolers (3 to 5 years of age)
- Try to be moving/active for up to three hours of the day, this can be walking, standing, playing
- Try to make sure 60 minutes of this activity is more energetic, this may be dancing, swimming, trampoline time
- Try organised sport, for example a soccer team, Auskick. Lots of different activities to build strength and skill.
- Some of these exercise options can also be incorporated with airway clearance, combining bubble blowing with a trampoline session, or setting up an obstacle course and in between sets having some sessions with Bubble PEP or another airway clearance choice.
Beam CF Youth is a platform helping kids with cystic fibrosis to find exercise they enjoy. Beam CF Youth is a program creating in collaboration with Johns Hopkins and CF Yogi. The program has been designed for children between the ages of 4-12 years and has been developed with input from clinicians working the CF space, and individuals/families impacted by CF.
It can often be challenging for children to get excited about physical activity. Exercise doesn’t have to be a team sport, or structured training for a specific sport. Beam CF Youth aims to provide a variety of options to help children to enjoy moving, to involve the whole family and to promote fun, physical activity together.
For parents or caregivers follow these simple steps to gain access to this world of new opportunities in movement:
1. Head to the website www.beamfeelgood.com/cf-youth, click either the sign up button or the “get started” in the top right corner.
2. Sign up with YOUR details and select that you are a caregiver.
3. When given the option to select a condition, select “Cystic Fibrosis Youth”
4. Add your child’s profile to your account for each child with CF who will be using the Beam platform…..and now it is time to have some fun.